Seawives | 15/06/2018
Father’s Day Treats
Fathers’s day is upon us and if you are lucky enough to able to spend it with your family this year, here are a selection of treats to spoil him rotten ……
Rosemary, Beer Pork Chops
A delicious BBQ treat for Father’s Day !
Prep Time 3 hours
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 pork chops we used loin chops but any pork chop is great
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bottle beer
- salt and pepper
- 8 sprigs rosemary
- Mix soy sauce, honey and enough beer to cover pork chops. Tuck in 4 sprigs of rosemary. Cover and marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat BBQ for 15 minutes. Soak 4 other sprigs of rosemary in water for 15 minutes.
- Add rosemary to top of coals and spritz with water to help create steam.
- Cook pork chops on grill for 5 minutes and then flip.
- Baste with marinade and cook until 145-160 degrees internal temperature. 8-25 minutes depending on thickness of chop.
- Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes and serve with a delicious crisp green salad
Serve with a fantastic Dark and Stormy as provided by the fabulous team at Hattiers Rum visit their website for more gorgeous cocktail ideas and details of how to get your hands on some splendid rum
60ml Hattiers Premium Reserve Rum
90ml Luscombe ginger beer
15ml Lime juice
- Combine Hattiers Rum, Luscombe ginger beer and the lime juice in a tall glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with lime wedge and enjoy
and finally for a rather sweet alternative to the traditional Fathers Day card why not visit the people at Kiki and company for this free printable Dad tie , we have ours ready to go and my little one has just love putting it together!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.